2011-04-13

Revising and Editing Assignment

Pre-test score = 84%
L3=17/18   L6=10/10   L8=19/20  L9=33/35   L10 =15/15    L11=28/28    L12=39/40   L13=14/14 L16=16/16   L19=20/20
Post-test score= 89%

The course was effective overall; everything was clear and well-explained. I acquired a great amount of rules and my proofreading and editing skills improved beyond my initial expectations. I pay much more attention to syntax and punctuation, among other things. For instance, lesson 3 (Avoiding awkward sentences), lesson 6 (Transitions) as well as lesson 11 (Using modifiers) were good resources for me, seeing as I am trilingual.

What I liked most about the course is its conciseness. Being straight-forward, it encouraged me and had my undivided attention at all times. The part I liked least about it is that there weren’t enough exercises supporting each lesson. I know that the whole point of the course is improving proofreading, revising and editing skills in only 20 minutes a day, but everyone knows that practice makes perfect!

My overall rating of the course would be a 9. I think the whole “book” is a success in its concept, its design and its purpose. I would recommend it to whoever wants to improve their English skills.

1 comment:

  1. Contents 12 / 15
    Language 9 / 10

    Well done, even though somewhat concise!

    Check
    I pay much more attention ?

    ReplyDelete